I just returned from my final expansion. I've got 550ccs in. The doctor is kind of back and forth with just how big the final implant would be. I trust him to do what he can. I'd like as much as I can get to put my figure back to "normal." Though "normal" at this point could be achieved by simply slimming down under the armpits. It's getting pretty crowded there. I have one last check in with the doc on 2/17, then my exchange surgery on 2/22. I am really, really ready for this to be done. I think I may have opted for a different reconstruction method if I'd have known I wouldn't tolerate the expansion process well. Since I'm good and medicated, I don't hurt too bad yet, but I'm clumsy as a motherfucker. The pressure is steadily increasing as I write (and stop to put up coffee). I'll attempt to keep in front of the pain. I'm balancing my own medication schedule: muscle relaxers (not the old skool kind that put me out, but a newer type that doesn't feel like much), hydrocodone, and pot. I get really nauseous with the hydro, so the pot helps-and keeps the pain down. I work a short shift tonight after bereavement group and knitting. Thank goodness for friendships and time.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
*Sigh*
I just returned from my final expansion. I've got 550ccs in. The doctor is kind of back and forth with just how big the final implant would be. I trust him to do what he can. I'd like as much as I can get to put my figure back to "normal." Though "normal" at this point could be achieved by simply slimming down under the armpits. It's getting pretty crowded there. I have one last check in with the doc on 2/17, then my exchange surgery on 2/22. I am really, really ready for this to be done. I think I may have opted for a different reconstruction method if I'd have known I wouldn't tolerate the expansion process well. Since I'm good and medicated, I don't hurt too bad yet, but I'm clumsy as a motherfucker. The pressure is steadily increasing as I write (and stop to put up coffee). I'll attempt to keep in front of the pain. I'm balancing my own medication schedule: muscle relaxers (not the old skool kind that put me out, but a newer type that doesn't feel like much), hydrocodone, and pot. I get really nauseous with the hydro, so the pot helps-and keeps the pain down. I work a short shift tonight after bereavement group and knitting. Thank goodness for friendships and time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment